Studies have shown that the hair can say a lot about a particular person. From the country to the lifestyle and the habits, the hair has been discovered to tell a lot about a person. The hair is the part of the body that says a lot about a person from the first glance, this makes it even more important to pay attention to it.
Your hair is able to reveal facts like if you smoke, drink, or even take drugs. It also tells the country you originate from considering that different races have different hair features. Hair is just an accessory to the body and given the right care, it can make you more stunning and attractive than you could imagine.
Taking care of the hair involves making sure it stays healthy and attractive all the time, and ensuring it is prevented from any possible damage. Factors like genetic and diet are some of the many determinants of the health of your hair. Knowing the needs of your hair is the first step to properly taking care of it.
Below are some facts about your hair. While some are popular, others are relatively unknown.
1. The hair has a daily average growth of 0.3 to 0.5 mm.
2. Average person has about 150,000 hair strands on his/her head.
3. A hair strand has the ability to support a weight of about 100 grams on the average, allowing the head to support the weight of two elephants.
4. European hair grows faster than that of Africans and they are also prone to lesser damage compared to the Africans.
5. Asian hair has the greatest elasticity and fastest growth rate compared to other races.
6. The hair cannot reveal which gender the carrier is.
7. Forensic experts and other investigators can get significant information about an individual from his hair.
8. Warm climates support faster hair growth.
9. Cutting the hair has little or nothing to do with the growth of the hair.
10. The hair tops the list of fastest growing tissues in the body with the bone marrow coming next in that order.
The above information are just some of the many interesting facts about the human hair substantiating why you need to pay good attention to the health of your hair.
Remember, your hair says a lot about you and being the first thing everyone sees when you appear, the best you can do for yourself is to have a nice hair.